New websites and social media profiles are being created every day. The competition between brands, companies and bloggers is getting more and more fierce. People become lazier than ever, so in search engines, such as Google or Yahoo, they click mostly on links located in the first page shown.
That’s why is good to know the basics and easy tips about digital marketing, and we want to share with you the experience on digital marketing.
- Check if your website is SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly. It’s really important to have a good SEO, so the search engines will have easier access to your website, after all, you will appear high in the scores.
- Get to know your Target Market. You need to answer a question about who you want to reach with your product. Based on that you can produce an appropriate content on your website and also know which Social Media Network is the best for your audience.
- The content of your website is really important. It’s useful to have a blog connected to your website, which will generate traffic. The content, of course, should be related with your products, so e.g. if you have an online store selling socks you shouldn’t be posting about new iPhone released. You can write about fashion, payment methods at your store, celebrities wearing socks or about the brands you’re selling.
- Social Media are the most powerful force on the internet right now. If you don’t have a Facebook or Twitter account it sum up that you don’t exist in the internet market. You don’t need to have a profile on every social media network, that’s why is good to know your customers (audience). So, if teenagers are not your target, you don’t need to start a campaign on Snapchat, cause the app is not actually being used so often by people after 25. It’s good though to have a company page on Facebook, Twitter, G+ (because it’s a Google platform – it will increase your traffic), and LinkedIn (which is a more professional platform).
- Social Media Marketing is a human marketing. You need to interact with your audience, engage people who follow you to get even more attention on social media. The more you show yourself and your business as friendly, helpful and interesting, the more traffic you will get to your website. Engaging people create also the bond, between you and your customers, what will result in your popularity.